Microneedling with Radio Frequency
What is it? and where can it be done?
Radiofrequency microneedling (commonly called RF microneedling) is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation treatment that enhances the collagen-boosting benefits of microneedling with the heat of radiofrequency energy.
In experienced hands, this potent combination can effectively treat a range of concerns, including:
- uneven skin texture
- large pores
- fine lines and wrinkles
- skin laxity
- acne scars
- stretch marks
Walk me through
Most RF microneedling treatment sessions take 30–45 minutes. Here’s what to expect:
- We will cleanse your skin and apply a topical numbing cream, to help keep you comfortable.
- Once you’re sufficiently numb, then we will begin pressing the handheld device into your skin, methodically stamping it across the entire treatment area.
- As the microneedles penetrate the dermis, it will emit RF energy as heat. You may feel a warm, prickling sensation that can be uncomfortable, but it shouldn’t be painful because your skin will be numb.
- After the treatment is complete, we apply a calming mask, serum, or balm to your skin to keep it calm and supported.
- Then we will remind you of the post-care instructions, and we can get you scheduled for the next step in your treatment plan.
Recovery and downtime
The treatment is minimally invasive and it doesn’t entail any actual downtime. However, there are some minor side effects you may encounter, and want to plan your treatment sessions accordingly:
- Minor swelling
- Mild tenderness
- Potential skin peeling in the days after the treatment